Help Our Local Family! Raise Awareness for Nut Allergies Tomorrow

The Debbs family of West Palm Beach, one of our local families, has experienced a great loss this past weekend. Their 11-year-old son Oakley passed away due to complications from a nut allergy.

Oakley was usually very cautious of what he ate, according to his mother. But during a family vacation last week, Oakley accidentally ingested some cake. This cake, contained nut resin.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Oakley spotted a coffee cake on the table, and along with the other kids, ate it. He then went into shock. He suffered from seizures and cardiac arrest and passed away in his fathers arms.

The Debbs family is now starting a foundation in his honor. “The Red Sneaker Foundation” will aid to raise awareness for the dangers of nut allergies.

Join us tomorrow, December 1st, to come together as a community and help this family. Wear a pair of red sneakers to support the Red Sneaker Foundation. Our station will be doing so in honor of Oakley and the Debbs family.

Click here to learn more about this story and what you can do to help.

To learn more about the Red Sneaker Foundation, follow their progress here.

Related Content

Comments