Alcohol is nothing but empty calories, but if you choose to drink, there are some options that are better for you than others.
Nutritionists have identified a number of reasonable drink options that are around 100 calories. They include:
- A standard 5-ounce serving of sparking white wine, a dry wine or a “spritzer,” which is wine and club soda mixed.
- A 12-ounce serving of light beer.
- A 1.5-ounce serving of tequila, rum or vodka with soda water, low-calorie tonic or low-calorie soda.
- Canned hard seltzer or hard kombucha.
- Of course, nutritionists also stress moderation when drinking.
- How many drinks do you have a week?